Spell writing handbook
This is a technical reference document.
The first part describes all of the files that are checked for in a spell, their purpose, and documented attributes.
The second part describes the standards we use in the grimoire.
These are the files used during a cast, in their execution order:
- PREPARE – Useful for those rare times when the DETAILS file needs to be modified or the spell or package needs to be configured before the DETAILS file is executed.
- DETAILS – Informational file, required for all spells.
- CONFIGURE – Used to select and modify a package's compile time options.
- DEPENDS – Lists all other spells that are required or optionally required to be cast.
- UP_TRIGGERS – Provides the opportunity to use runtime registration of
- SUB_DEPENDS – Used to make a spell depend on another spell with certain features enabled.
- PRE_SUB_DEPENDS – Tells Sorcery whether or not the sub-dependee is providing the given sub-depends.
- TRIGGER_CHECK – Used to inspect each trigger in a spell.
(…Processing of the depended on spells…)
(…DETAILS is run again…)
— Build API begin —
— Build API end —
(…The triggered spells are cast now…)
These are the files used during the download, in their execution order:
These are the files used during a dispel, in their execution order:
These are the files used during a resurrect, in their execution order:
These files are processed during a
cleanse --tablet, or
cleanse --tablet_spell, in their execution order:
These files are known as spell filters:
These are the other files: